If you have accidentally deleted a folder or email and it is not located in your Trash folder, your email host might have a copy of your emails. We have found this type of information can be tricky to get back but there are ways.
If Gmail has not deleted the messages from the server, you can recover deleted emails after deleting them from your trash folder.
1) Open your Gmail
2) Click the drop down arrow on the left from your search box at the top of the screen.
3) It will then ask you several question such as to: or from, subject, key words or date within.
4) Click on the blue search button on the bottom left of the search box and all of your deleted emails will be revealed.
If your emails are deleted from the server, Gmail (free version) is unable to restore them for you. If you are a Google Apps user, they do offer that option. If you delete an email, it stays in your Trash for 30 days. After 30 days, emails are permanently deleted from the trash. There’s only one copy of every Gmail email. If you deleted an email from one place, like a label or a device, it is deleted from Gmail entirely. Gmail groups all replies to an original email together in a single conversation. When you click or tap delete, the entire conversation is deleted, including the original email and any replies.
Yahoo! can restore your mailbox to a previous state from a backup copy, recovering your lost messages whether you accidentally emptying your Trash folder containing an important email.
If the email is still in your Trash folder:
1) Go to the Trash folder in Yahoo! Mail.
2) Open the desired message.
3) Click Move in the Yahoo! Mail toolbar.
4) Select Inbox or any other folder to recover the message.
If the email is not in your Trash folder:
1) Fill out the Yahoo! Mail Restore Help Form
2) Click Create Request.
When you delete an email message, a contact, a calendar item, or a task, it’s moved to the Deleted Items folder in your mailbox.
If the items is still in your Deleted Items folder:
1) In your email folder list, select Deleted Items.
2) Right-click the item and then select Move > Inbox.
If the item is no longer in your Deleted Items folder:
1) In the left pane of the Outlook.com window, select the Deleted Items folder.
2) At the top of the window, select Recover deleted items.
3) Choose the items you want to recover, and select Recover > OK.
If you are not using AOL desktop software, you will need to contact AOL tech support. Mail can only be restored within 7 days. Click here to access their contact page.
You can recover email messages from the Recover Deleted Email tool up to 14 days after an item is purged from Trash. Click here for instructions.
Fastmail allows you to recover emails within 7 days. Click here for instructions.
Within a certain period, you can contact them via chat to help restore your emails. If it is within 7 days, they have notified us that they can help. They can be contacted via phone as well: (480) 463-8846 or EXT: 59039.
SaneBox can help!
Do you find yourself spending half your life deleting unimportant email? And then the other half worrying that you deleted the wrong thing? SaneBox is a pay service to keep your Inbox organized and clean.
By keeping the unimportant stuff out of your way, you will do a lot less random deleting and won’t be in this position as often. Want to find out more? drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always happy to help!