Sometimes the data file for a mailbox can get partially corrupt. Common examples are clicking on an email then only to show a blank screen
- Message body appears in preview but when opened, body is blank.
- Select your Inbox
- Click Mail->Mailbox->Rebuild.
- The view will appear to go blank.
- This forces Apple Mail to reindex and recache the entire folder. Depending on the size of your mailbox this may take anywhere from a minute or two up to a few hours.
- Remember that after you click “Rebuild”, the view will appear to go blank.
- To fix the blank view, select another folder like “Sent”, and then reselect Inbox.